Carol Gey van Pitttius

Thursday 25 August 2011

The Pine Forest




How I love the forest on a day like today, the rain is falling gently, sweetly, reviving my tall green friends. Look at them swaying ever so slowly to the rhythm of the gentle rain.


The wetness seems to bring out their vital colours, the bright cool green of the pine needles. The warm, rich brown of their tall graceful bodies.

I long for them on days such as this, to walk in amongst them on the soft red, brown of their discarded clothing.

I can see it stretched out before me for quite some distance, miles and miles of soft welcome. The trees standing amongst the shadows in organized columns, my sturdy companions with their proud heads raised to the life giving rain.
Oftimes when the sky is overcast and the raindrops are falling on the path, and when I have sunk into the abyss of melancholy, and overcome by the futility of life, I come to walk with my friends, strong, graceful and everlasting.

We walk on and on together and as they raise their heads upwards, so my spirits are raised and once again my faith is restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Scanner